Dear Prayer Partner and/or Supporter:
Nancy and I appreciate you standing with us as Executive Director and now Executive Director Emeritus of International Gospel Missions from 2000 to the present and we are looking forward to your continued support as missionaries with IGM. We will be serving in a role of helps ministry to IGM, national pastors, and local churches around the world. Our helping where needed will include mission conferences, teaching, promoting of IGM, helping raise support for national pastors who cannot get to the United States, pulpit supply where possible, counsel, encouragement, etc. as the Lord provides.
The new director of IGM, Dr. Lex Reed and family, have found a home here in the greater Rochester area and are attempting to get settled. This will take a few weeks since there are many things that need to transpire. Nancy and I will be assisting in helping them get through the details of this great ministry as they grasp the baton and begin their single focus of the journey before them.
Please be in prayer for IGM that everyone connected with IGM will be able to make the adjustments of having a new director and one of the first duties will be finding a new person to replace the wife of my youth. Nancy has stood beside me for over 60 years and some of our time will be spent together traveling to places we have always wanted to see and people with whom we both would love to spend a few days such as Nancy’s sister, Althea, will turn 95 this year, the Jim Arnold family, Timothy Abbott family, and several IGM widows and widowers residing in the United States as the Lord permits.
I know our vision is large, but our God is our Enabler and as you take an active role in praying and supporting us and those our life will touch, God will get the glory and one day, we will be with Him for all of eternity.
THERE IS JOY IN SERVING JESUS
- Lex & Shelley Reed & two children as the new IGM Executive Director family
- The Reeds arrived in Rochester, NY and are getting adjusted and settled at their home and at IGM.
- For our faithful prayer partners and supporters
- For daily strength, wisdom, and health to serve our Savior, especially through the transition.
- God’s continued work in bringing souls to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus
- The many souls who have declared their profession of faith through baptism this past month.
PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Continued health and strength as we continue our journey with IGM and beyond
- Continued financial support, both for personal and travel
MINISTRY PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Hire an Office Manager to take Nancy’s place
- Pray for Volunteers
- Willing to be of help in the office
- Willing to help with cleaning, etc.
- Maintain the six flower gardens.
- Paint the outside of the IGM house.
- Pray for more MSA (Mission Service Account) funds to operate the Mission.
- Pray for a vehicle that runs well and the body is in good condition. (Tax-deductible 501 c3)
- Pray for Michael Grubbs, our Communications Coordinator, as he is completing booking meetings for the Fall Team Tour – Sept. 14 — October 16, 2022. Presently we will have two teams – if you are interested in booking a meeting, call Michael, 585-334-9048, ext. 2506.
Prayer Letter number three for the GROWING IN FAITH Campaign was sent out on May 25th. We want to let you know approximately 54% of the needed $100,000 has been received. We still need to reach the total goal of $100,000 during 2022 for sustainability.
Schedule and Events for the Year 2022
July and August – getting ready for the fall Pastors’ Training Development Conference and Team Travels
July 2–9 – All our family together to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary and yearly visit
Aug 12 – Nancy’s Birthday
Sept. 6-10 – Pastors arriving and the Pastors’ Training Development Conference
Sept. 11—Meeting in Area Churches
Sept. 12—Quarterly Council Meeting
Sept. 14—Oct. 16 – Teams Travel to Meetings
Dec. 13—IGM Annual Council Meeting