Dear Prayer Partner and/or Supporter:
I am sure you have allowed yourself to ponder certain things in your life. It seems like I have been doing more of that these days. Life is a journey, and every human being is on one, like it or not. The journey has two destinations, and we are called upon somewhere along the journey to decide at a crossroad and the destinations end up miles apart. There will be an accounting at the end based on the choice at the crossroad. The journeys are not compatible, and one will hate the one and the other will love the hated. The Lord Jesus gave us a new commandment, John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
The church should be the safest place on Earth!
Nancy and I have been facing some health issues. Nancy is having some left knee issues called “Baker’s Cyst” which is very painful. Please pray for a soon recovery. I have just gone through an angiogram and the heart was given a big okay! We are excited for the future and are trusting in the Lord with all our heart and trying hard not to lean on our own understanding and acknowledging Him every day since He is in control of all our directions. Please pray for us as we desire to keep serving the Lord with all our mind, soul, and spirit. Our children are doing well, and our grandchildren are maturing into fine young adults. We have two teenagers, one 13 and one 18, full of energy and growing in the Lord.
Our new Executive Director, Dr. Lex Reed, is growing, learning, and excited about the future of IGM. Please keep praying for him, his family, and the financial needs of the Mission. There are many needs at the office that affect those here and abroad in the 25 countries where IGM has a presence. Setting up meetings for our partners is becoming more difficult since a lot of churches have done away with Sunday evening and Wednesday evening services. Rural churches are very sparse in attendance and have few young people. We need to find churches that are enthusiastic for reaching the world with the Gospel, not only here in the US, but also abroad. This must become the focal point in these last days. Many thanks for your faithful prayers and/or financial support.
Sincerely, in His Unconditional Love,
Gary and Nancy Newhart
- The Reeds are getting adjusted and settled at their home and at IGM.
- For our faithful prayer partners and supporters
- For daily strength, wisdom, and health to serve our Savior, especially through the transition
- God’s continued work in bringing souls to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus
- A supporter has offered to pay for having the IGM house painted and/or re-sided.
- The National Church Planters partners reports many professions of faith and baptism
PERSONAL PRAY REQUESTS:
- Continued health and strength as we continue our journey with IGM and beyond
- Continued financial support, both for personal and travel
- Please pray for Nancy she has a Baker’s cyst on the back of her left knee which is causing her pain and making it hard to walk. To make an appointment to see a knee doctor is not easy. Presently, she has an appointment December 1st. However, she needs to be able to walk, etc. before Gary goes to Grenada the end of October and when we take our US trip during the month of November.
MINISTRY PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Nancy’s Office Manager duties will be shared by the IGM staff.
- Pray for Volunteers
- Willing to be of help in the office
- Willing to help with cleaning, etc.
- Maintain the six flower gardens.
- Pray for more MSA (Mission Service Account) funds to operate the Mission.
- Pray for a vehicle that runs well and the body is in good condition. (Tax-deductible 501 c3)
Prayer Letter number three for the GROWING IN FAITH Campaign was sent out on May 25th. We want to let you know approximately 56% of the needed $100,000 has been received. We still need to reach the total goal of $100,000 during 2022 for sustainability.
Tentative Schedule and Events for the Year 2022
Oct. 18-26–Trip to Grenada
Nov. 5-6 Bald Eagle Baptist Church, Julian, PA
Nov. 7–26 Mixed Destinations
Dec. 13—IGM Annual Council Meeting
Dr. Gary Travels with Team 2 – Sept. 11-October 16, 2022
Pastor Vijay Kumar Polimetla, India
Oct. 2 – SS&MS Maranatha Bible Bap. Ch., Watertown, NY
Oct. 2 – ES First Baptist Church, Three Mile Bay, NY
Oct. 5 – Wed. Grace Baptist Church, Syracuse, NY
Oct. 9 – SS&MS Gage Community Chapel, Forestville, NY
Oct. 9 – ES Hedstrom Memorial B.C., Cheektowaga, NY
Oct. 12 – Wed. Glory to Glory Christ. Fell., Rochester, NY
Oct. 16 – SS&MS Faith Bible Church, Honeoye, NY
Oct. 16 – ES Calvary Christian Fellowship, Churchville, NY
Dr. Reed Travels with Team 1–Sept. 11-October 16, 2022 Pastor Edelfonso Cruz, Philippines
Oct. 2 – SS&MS Grace Baptist Church, Marion, NY
Oct. 2 – ES Faith Community Chapel, Batavia, NY
Oct. 5 – Wed. Charity Bible Church, Scottsville, NY
Oct. 9 – SS&MS Bradford Baptist Church, Bradford, NY
Oct. 9 – ES Delevan Baptist Church, Delevan, NY
Oct. 12 – Noon & Wed. Open Door Baptist Ch., Roch., NY
Oct. 16 – SS&MS – Bible Baptist Temple, Rochester, NY
Oct. 16 – ES Quackenbush Hill B.C., Corning, NY