Together Reaching the World for Christ
Acts 2:42 “And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.” God has imparted His grace to us, and we share that grace with others as we interact with them and lift them up. Our service to God becomes evident as we share His grace in us with others around us. Zechariah 4:6-7 “Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.” God seeks men who will rely on Him for the ability and wisdom to fulfill His plans. He searches for those whose hearts are turned towards Him and who only want to please and obey Him. There will always be mountains, but we must always look at our calling and situations through God’s eyes.
The Missions Threat (“Mountain”) in Africa
The greatest threat to the faith, and the most difficult thing to overcome in Africa is the influx of Pentecostalism and the charismatic (prosperity) teachings. They are built on three lies:
- Arminian Free Will: A works religion whereby people are encouraged or sometimes cajoled through emotions to “decide for Jesus”. In essence, it becomes salvation by man’s will. Free will has its place, which is after we have been converted and loosed by the Gospel BUT NOT BEFORE. Romans 9:16 Salvation by grace is purely for God’s own glory. Exodus 33:18-19.
- The signs and wonders have given people misplaced confidence. People believe they are saved because they saw and/or felt something. People are willing to change doctrine BUT NOT their experience. God’s Word becomes a book of suggestions rather than Divine Authority. People have made the Bible an addition to what they hold on to in their faith rather than the only Authority for faith and practice.
- Africanization of Christianity: God’s Word is interpreted through the African cultures and historical experiences. Most preachers are fortune tellers in a practical sense. They tell people the good things they want to hear. Everyone in Africa who is not Muslim is a “Christian” and, thus, almost 90% of Kenyans are Christians, for example. Some preachers are the most scandalous humans alive. They not only have taken people’s money in exchange for lies BUT ALSO have ROBBED them of their souls and the ability to see and hear God through His Word, the Bible. The truth seems dangerous and unprofitable.
The good news, however, is that the world has always been that way and that is where our calling exists. Matt. 28:18-20 “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
There is no human
, or power
on planet Earth that is capable of stopping the advance of the Gospel
for the salvation of God’s elect. The power of the Gospel shall conquer and blow down the kingdom of Satan. 1 Tim. 2:1-6, 2 Peter 3:9 God’s desire is that all men should know Him.
This, therefore, is our duty and calling that TOGETHER WE REACH THE WORLD FOR CHRIST
I have been personally involved in discipling and training four men in addition to the Bible school pastors and, after we had spent close to six months together, it became clear to them through their proper reading of the Bible that they in fact were NOT BORN AGAIN
in the first place and they asked me what they could do. My answer to them was Acts 2:14-42.
We read it aloud together and the men felt deeply convicted by the Holy Spirit and committed their lives to the LORD JESUS CHRIST. We continue with them in training. God will always truly honor His Word!!
- Having you to encourage me through prayers and financial gifts
- The Gospel bearing fruit of repentance
- God’s amazing grace in salvation
- The privilege to be used of God
- The stamina to keep on even in the face of many difficulties
We ought to invest ourselves and our resources in eternal matters. We teach what we know and reproduce who we are.
- Good study Bibles for the student pastors under my training (about 100 needed at $50 US each)
- Financial assistance for the books required to study each month – $5 per book for 100 students, $500/month
- Facilitation for study fellowships – tea, snacks, and transportation, $800 US per month
- BTCP course materials — $100 US per student
- Your prayers and any help as God leads you
The amazing grace of God is that we become better and profitable when we share our gifts with others as opposed to having it get less in the ordinary natural phenomenon. (Editor’s Note: I believe he is saying that when we share with others, God gives us more to share as opposed to how in the natural world, when we give something to someone, we have less left for ourselves.)
In dealing with the threat to the faith in Africa, the war in Ukraine as a result of the Russian invasion has taught me a lasting lesson: we can successfully support other fellow soldiers in the combat through supply of the necessary and appropriate tools, knowledge, and equipment for combat. Even as we in Africa pray for the Ukrainian victory, we mostly thank God for America‘s and NATO’s allies’ practical and material support which has made a miraculous difference in the war. This is the single most important lesson and the reason which made me decide to engage pastors who are untrained in the courses and trainings in the Bible school. Eph. 6:10-18
Thank you and God bless you immensely. 1 Cor. 15:58 “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”
Your’s faithfully in God’s Service,
Allan Ndieira Maina