Dear Prayer Partner and/or Supporter:
You and I find ourselves in a dichotomy of life once we become a child of God. God is not only our Creator but also our Supreme Authority. We are also to obey the authorities ordained of God. (Romans 13) The only occasion that these secondary authorities can be challenged is when they attempt to play God. (Acts 4:19) We must always remember that man is a sinner in need of a Savior. We must have a testimony in glorifying our God and Savior. God never said the journey would be simple but has promised to always be with us. (Psalm 40:1-5)
Nancy and I find our journey more challenging at the moment. Our journey began as husband and wife 60 years ago on June 2, 1962. The transition at IGM has its effect on everyone. It is not as simple as one might perceive. Things change and always will. The journey is not static and there are new people, new directions, and new ways of doing things. For some it is exciting to move on to a new job. To others, it’s called retirement when you can go visit the relatives, get up in the morning whenever, and do whatever. I am sure willing to admit these bodies don’t move like they used to but I don’t see retirement that way. I have never seen being a missionary, pastoring a local church, or being the director of a mission agency a JOB! I don’t see that in the Christian life. I believe God puts His calling on a life to serve Him for life, doing what He sets before you, and to preach the Good News until He comes. Now if you want to call that retirement, I am all for it!
The ministry at IGM has not skipped a beat and is going full steam ahead. Dr. Reed’s family has moved most of their things to Rochester, NY with just a little bit more to go. Praise the Lord, they have found a home in Rochester, NY. They will continue their move arriving the middle of June. They are excited to get more involved in reaching the world with the Gospel of our Lord Jesus. My office at the Mission has taken up residence at our home. We are cleaning up files, etc. to make the move smooth and complete. Nancy will be surrendering her duties as soon as a replacement has been found. Both of us will be available for help in personnel transitions. I was able to start a study on Baptism in Relation to the Atonement through Zoom in Kenya for five to six weeks. Hopefully, there will be many more opportunities to reach out to more native pastors in other countries.
Nancy and I cannot thank you enough for your prayer and financial support. You have a huge part in our ministry as we both move forward for the cause of Christ in reaching souls for His Kingdom.
Sincerely, in His Matchless Love,
Gary and Nancy Newhart
- Dr. Lex & Shelley Reed & two children as the new IGM Executive Director family
- Reeds have found a home in Rochester, NY and will arrive the middle of June.
- For our faithful prayer partners and supporters
- For daily strength, wisdom, and health to serve our Savior, especially through the transition.
- God’s continued work in bringing souls to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus
- The many souls who have declared their profession of faith through baptism this past month.
PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Continued health and strength as we continue our journey with IGM and beyond
- Continued financial support, both for personal and travel
MINISTRY PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Hire an Office Manager to take Nancy’s place
- Pray for Volunteers
- Willing to be of help in the office
- Willing to help with cleaning, etc.
- Maintain the six flower gardens.
- Paint the outside of the IGM house.
- Pray for more MSA (Mission Service Account) funds to operate the Mission.
- Pray for a vehicle that runs well and the body is in good condition. (Tax-deductible 501 c3)
- Pray for Michael Grubbs, our Communications Coordinator, who has started booking meetings for the Fall Team Tour – Sept. 14 — October 16, 2022. Presently we will have two teams – if you are interested in booking a meeting, call Michael, 585-334-9048, ext. 2506.
Pray: Letter number three for the GROWING IN FAITH Campaign was sent out on May 25th. We want to let you know approximately 54% of the needed $100,000 has been received. We still need to reach the total goal of $100,000 during 2022.
Schedule and Events for the Year 2022
June 2—Newharts’–60th Wedding Anniversary
June 19—Father’s Day
June 21 —IGM Quarterly Council Meeting
July 29 – Gary’s Birthday
July and August getting ready for the fall Pastors’ Training Development Seminar and Team Travels
Aug 12 – Nancy’s Birthday
Sept. 6-10 – Pastors arriving and the Pastors’ Training Development Conference
Sept. 11—Meeting in Area Churches
Sept. 12—Quarterly Council Meeting
Sept. 14—Oct. 16 – Teams Travel to Meetings
Dec. 13—IGM Annual Council Meeting