Dear Prayer Partner and/or Supporter:
Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee;
which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! —Psalm 31:19
When you look at our lives, I trust you see nothing more prominent than the “Goodness of our God.” He has been so good to Nancy and me through the 58 years of our life together. Oh! We would be amiss to say that they were all perfect but through it all, God has received the Glory for His faithfulness to His Word.
What a privilege we have to serve our Great God and Heavenly Father in the ministry He has called us. He has been with us all through the COVID-19 and as yet no one has been “bit” by the virus. All the staff: Nancy, Holly, Cheryl, Mike and our locked-in-USA, K. Vijay from India, are busy as ever keeping things flowing for all those who give to a particular ministry, person, orphan and various needs. So far, the giving through the Mission has been steady and needs are being met. Please pray that all the churches will be back to their normal worshipping together as a church family. I would also like you to continue to pray for those national pastors who are unable to get back to their countries and families. K. Vijay, India, has been in the States since February 20th and is staying with us at the Mission. I mentioned in our last letter that the Mission staff has been caring for his needs and we have him all packed and ready to leave if he should receive the call that he can go home. He is a big help around the Mission and, just the other day he was speaking with a young boy waiting to go in for heart surgery in his country. K. Vijay led the lad in prayer and he professed Christ as Savior. The apostle Paul declared in Romans 1:15, “I am READY to preach the Gospel!” I trust you are ready, as well!
Nancy and I are well and like you are waiting to get back to “normal”. We are praying for our president and those in leadership that they will lead this country in the things of God and that His people would become more faithful in their witness for Christ! We both enjoy the preaching of our faithful pastor and are looking forward to getting back to an assembly once again. Please pray for Luke, Jennifer, and Aubrey as they are in the process of purchasing a new home. They are hoping for the paper work and closing will take place as quick as possible since they have sold their present home.
We do want you to know that we appreciate your faithful support and prayers. We are doing as well as can be expected for our age and often our brain is far more youthful than the bodies we live in. We have good doctors, of all sorts, and praise the Lord we can keep marching on towards the prize that is set before us. —Hebrews 12:1-2
Sincerely, in His Unconditional Love,
Gary and Nancy Newhart
• For our faithful prayer partners and/or supporters
• For daily strength, wisdom, and health to serve our Savior
• God’s continued work in bringing souls to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus
• The many souls who have declared their profession of faith through baptism
PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS:
• Safety from the COVID-19 virus
• Continued good health
• Continued financial support, both for personal and travel
MINISTRY PRAYER REQUESTS:
• Pray that K. Vijay our National Church Planter, staying at Mission Headquarters will be able to soon return to his family in India.
• Pray for Volunteers (not daily needs)
1. Willing to be of help in the Office
2. Transport nationals while in country to meetings
3. Pick up national pastors from the airport and return them when their stay concludes.
4. Willing to help with cleaning, etc.
5. Maintain the five flower gardens.
• Pray for more MSA (Mission Service Account) funds to operate the Mission.
• Pray for a Vehicle that runs well and the body is in good condition to replace our cancer-ridden, dented-up van. (tax- deductible)
• Those National Church Planters that have received invitation letters to obtain their visa to come to the Mission Training Conference. The Lord will allow those He wants to attend MTC to obtain their visa, if their countries open up.
• Pray for Michael Grubbs, our Communications Coordinator, as he books meetings for at least 3 teams for those coming to the Mission Training Conference. Please call IGM if you would like to book one or more meetings.
Tentative IGM Activities
June 2 –Our 58th Wedding Anniversary
June 9 – IGM Quarterly Virtual Council Meeting
June 21 – Father’s Day
July 29 – Gary’s Birthday
Aug. 12 – Nancy’s Birthday
Aug. 25 – Aug. 31 – Mission Training Conference
Aug. 27 – IGM Quarterly Council Meeting
Aug. 30 – Meeting in Area Churches
Sept. 1 – Oct. 11 – National Church Planters Fall Team
Dec. 8 — IGM Annual Council Meeting