Dear Prayer Partner and/or Supporter:
“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14
I trust you had a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and that you are challenged to make a great start to the new year 2022. 2022 has a good “ring” to it and it should not take us long to get used to the change. Don’t we just love change? Well, I guess to some degree, change has its positives and its negatives. The transition here at IGM is positively moving forward which brings many mixed emotions. Dr. Lex Reed will be the next IGM Executive Director and take over the position February 1st but will not actually arrive in Rochester, NY until around the end of May. The big thing for the Reeds is finding a place to call home. The IGM Mission Council, Dr. and Mrs. Reed and children, along with the Newharts and staff, are feeling the changes of the present and gearing up for the changes yet to come. The Mission had to raise the operational budget significantly since Nancy and I are basically supported by so many of you. Nancy and I will take on different roles in the Mission as Executive Director Emeritus and Missionary at Large. What’s the “Large?” Simply put, everything pertaining to missions! This will entail a support role, mission conferences, preaching, helping national pastors with church planting, visiting fields when possible, and encouraging God’s people in missions here in America and abroad.
We had a wonderful time with our daughter and family enjoying every opportunity to build the memories of PopPop and MomMom! Also, it was great to have Steve’s mother with us for Christmas. The only issue was the goodies that were so prevalent and so tasty. We drove this year to Forest, Virginia, and had a great time together with our family. Getting back home, we got together with our son and family and enjoyed the fellowship, as usual, and watching football and putting a puzzle together. It’s difficult putting the pieces in the right place but eventually it all came together.
Nancy and I are so thankful for your faithfulness in giving to us financially and praying for our ministry with IGM. Also, thank you for the many cards, email wishes, and financial gifts for Christmas. We will still depend on your prayer and financial support as we continue our journey with IGM. We are both back in the office getting ready for our six-week visits with IGM national church planters. There are a myriad of details to bring all together for the men to have a successful visit here in the USA. Thank the Lord for Nancy as she does her best to help bring everything together in an orderly fashion. Both of us would appreciate your prayers as we move forward for the Glory of our Savior and the advancement of His Kingdom. Let us remember there is no retiring from what the Lord has commanded each one of us
to be doing externally and internally.
What a joy it will be when we are all together with Him!
Praise His Name,
Gary and Nancy Newhart – Proverbs 3:5-6
Your Missionaries and His Servants
· For our faithful prayer partners and/or supporters
· For daily strength, wisdom, and health to serve our Savior
· God’s continued work in bringing souls to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus
· The many souls who have declared their profession of faith through baptism
PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS:
· Safety from COVID-19
· Continued good health
· Continued financial support, both for personal and travel
MINISTRY PRAYER REQUESTS:
· Pray for Volunteers
1. Willing to be of help in the Office
2. Transport nationals while in country to meetings
3. Pick up national pastors from the airport and return them when their stay concludes.
4. Willing to help with cleaning, etc.
5. Maintain the six flower gardens.
6. Paint the outside of the IGM house
· Pray for more MSA (Mission Service Account) funds to operate the Mission.
· Pray for a vehicle that runs well and the body is in good condition. (tax- deductible)
· Pray for Michael Grubbs, our Communications Coordinator, who is booking meetings for Spring as he finishes booking meetings for the National Church Planters going to meetings, March 6-10,
2022. If interested in scheduling meetings, please call Michael.
Tentative IGM Activities
(Activities all depend on the Pandemic situation)
Feb. 28—IGM Council Meeting
March 6—April 10 – National Church Planters US Trips
June 13 —IGM Council Meeting
Sept. 4—Oct. 9 – National Church Planters US Trip
Sept. 13—IGM Council Meeting
“TOGETHER, REACHING THE WORLD FOR CHRIST”