Gary and Nancy Newhart, Executive Director and Office Manager — February
Dear Prayer Partner and/or Supporter:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another –Galatians 5:22-26
Nancy and I are doing well. We appreciate so very much your financial support but even more, your prayers for us. We have concerns of COVID but at the same time are reminded that God is in control of every aspect of our lives. We then go about our duties to which the Lord has called us. Keep praying, and if God leads you to give to help us, you will not be taken for granted. Further, please pray for the partners with IGM for this ministry isn’t about IGM but is rather about coming alongside of godly men and women who are willing to trust their Lord to enable them to share the Gospel and disciple those He brings to Himself. There are many challenges in each country and each culture which IGM has a presence. We praise the Lord for those who have the vision to reach out and to give sacrificially for projects and needs of local assemblies who are in great need for a place to worship.
The wife of my youth and I were listening to our pastor the other evening and he was speaking on compassion—Mark 8:1-10. It caused me to reflect on what God asks of you and me as Christians. This can be divided into two categories: 1. External and 2. Internal. The external usually emanates out of the internal yet the external is simply expressed in two ways. 1. As commanded in Matthew 28:18-20 and 2. by the internal that is expressed by the external—Hebrews 12:14. Therefore, if there is to be any positive results in our life to this wicked world in which we live, our concentration needs to be on what He demands of our internal being. The last part of Galatians 5:25 above, If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. One cannot say, “How can I do this?” The passage makes it clear that we need to have the fruit of the Spirit. These nine characteristics must manifest themselves from within and will express themselves outwardly naturally. Since this letter goes to all of the IGM family, I am compelled to share on a monthly basis at least one of these characteristics to remind and help us be what He would desire of yours and my life.
I am sure that you have studied the subject of love. However, let’s look at it once again. We know that in the New Testament, there are a few words that are translated LOVE. The key is which one is he talking about in Galatians 5:22. He is using a word here that expresses that this love comes from within one’s being and it is an unconditional love. It is the first of the nine characteristics. Without LOVE, unconditional love, it is very difficult or almost impossible for one to have the other eight. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 uses the same word for love. The passage also declares the significance of love in a person’s life. Of course if you do not love yourself, how will you express a true love for others? You might ask, “How do I express this love?” My suggestion is follow the example of our God where He says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” God loved you and me in our most ugly state and without His love, I would be unable to have this unconditional love in my own being. To have Him as your personal Savior is the beginning of moving forward in love. Why not start today and tell God how much you appreciate Him and tell Him how much you love Him!
- For our faithful prayer partners and/or supporters
- For daily strength, wisdom, and health to serve our Savior
- God’s continued work in bringing souls to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus
- The many souls who have declared their profession of faith through baptism
PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Safety from COVID-19
- Continued good health
- Continued financial support, both for personal and travel
MINISTRY PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Pray for Volunteers
- Willing to be of help in the Office
- Transport nationals while in country to meetings
- Pick up national pastors from the airport and return them when their stay concludes.
- Willing to help with cleaning, etc.
- Maintain the six flower gardens.
- Paint the outside of the IGM house
- Pray for more MSA (Mission Service Account) funds to operate the Mission.
- Pray for a vehicle that runs well and the body is in good condition to replace our cancer-ridden, dented-up van. (for the Mission, tax- deductible)
- Pray for Michael Grubbs, our Communications Coordinator, who is booking meetings for Spring as he finishes booking meetings for the one National Church Planter going to meetings, May 2—June 6, 2021. If interested in scheduling meetings, please call Michael.
IF IN THE ROCHESTER AREA,
STOP IN FOR A VISIT!
“TOGETHER, REACHING THE WORLD FOR CHRIST”
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!