Dear Prayer Partner and/or Supporter:
“I am the Lord, I change not . . .” Malachi 3:6
Nancy and I received many communications over Christmas and almost every one of them made reference to the challenges of 2020. We both agree that 2020 had its challenges but it also had some positives that came out of the COVID pandemic. Hopefully, it has caused you to draw closer to God, to understand that we are not in control of our lives, and it has provided opportunities to share the Good News of Jesus Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. This world may be looking for normality and wants us to return to what we all know to be “NORMAL”. Yet, if we stop to put things in perspective, the “NORMAL” we once had was just as messed up as the new “NORMAL” we are experiencing. The one thing we must grasp is that nothing takes God by surprise and that He has a greater agenda than we do. James 1:17-18a puts it all in perspective, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth . . .”
I am glad that God is in control of everything, even COVID, and those who are elected to be president. “And we know that all things work together for GOOD to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”—Romans 8:28. We must keep moving forward for HIM and the ministry that HE has given to each one of us, Matthew 28:18-20.
Nancy and I rejoice that we were able to enjoy Christmas with our children and grandchildren. Before we left for Virginia, we spent some time with our, son Luke, his wife, Jennifer, our granddaughter, Aubrey, and Hope (their dog). Within a few days we were off to Virginia (driving this time less contact) to be with our daughter Faith, her husband Steve, and our five grandchildren, Steven, Zachary, Megan (getting married, Lord willing, in June), Jonathan, Mia, and their new puppy, Toby. The exchange of gifts was tremendous with both families. However, the focus on Jesus was precious realizing that “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21 We also received many responses from our IGM family around the world wishing us a great Christmas.
Please continue to pray for us as we move forward for His glory. We miss meeting regularly with our church family even though we listen to our wonderful pastor via streaming. The Mission building has a few issues that need to be addressed this year. Praise the Lord, our staff has labored together without COVID, please continue to keep us in your prayers. Also, pray as I need to visit some of our fields and every year we bring men to the US and we want to continue to do so in March, May, and September. The problem is obvious. Travel is very difficult, both going and coming, because of the “pandemic”. Pray for the national field representatives and their willingness to carry out visits to their respective fields. Many national pastors with IGM need funds for purchasing land and building places for worship. If you sense a need and wish to give to help in some way, send your tax-deductible gift to IGM designated for land, building, or individual on a separate note and we will make it happen and report back to you.
Thank you for your continued faithful prayers and/or financial support.
Gary and Nancy Newhart
- For our faithful prayer partners and/or supporters
- For daily strength, wisdom, and health to serve our Savior
- God’s continued work in bringing souls to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus
- The many souls who have declared their profession of faith through baptism
PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Continued good health
- Continued financial support, both for personal and travel
MINISTRY PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Pray for Volunteers
- Willing to be of help in the Office
- Transport nationals while in country to meetings
- Pick up national pastors from the airport and return them when their stay concludes.
- Willing to help with cleaning, etc.
- Maintain the six flower gardens.
- Paint the outside of the IGM house
- Pray for more MSA (Mission Service Account) funds to operate the Mission.
- Pray for a vehicle that runs well and the body is in good condition to replace our cancer-ridden, dented-up van. (tax- deductible)
- Pray for Michael Grubbs, our Communications Coordinator, who is booking meetings for Spring as he finishes booking meetings for the one National Church Planter going to meetings, May 2—June 6, 2021. If interested in scheduling meetings, please call Michael.
Tentative IGM Activities
(Activities all depend on the Pandemic situation)
1 -National Church Planter, US Trip
March 7— April 14
1-National Church Planter, US Trip
May 2-June 6
March 8—IGM Council Meeting
June 15—IGM Council Meeting
Aug. 24-30—Mission Training Conference
Aug. 26—IGM Council Meeting
Aug. 29—MTC Pastors in area Churches
Sept. 1—Oct. 10—MTC Team Travels
Dec. 14—IGM Annual Council Meeting