Dear Prayer Partner and/or Supporter:
This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not
consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
The LORD is my portion, therefore, will I hope in him. The LORD is good
unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both
hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:21-26
This passage was brought to my attention while listening to my pastor on the web broadcast this past Sunday morning. As I often reflect over my past life experiences, these verses became very precious and encouraging and remind me of the mercy of our LORD upon my life. They also brought to mind the recent experience of the Covid-19 that is still traveling around. Several IGM partners have become trapped for a lack of transportation in the United States. The Mission became responsible for Vijayanandam Kummaragunta’s care along with Wesley Chatla for a time. Vijay arrived in the US on February 20th and Wesley Chatla a few days later. Praise the Lord, Vijay was able to return Thursday the 18th from Chicago and Wesley on Saturday the 20th. Both men will spend 7 days in quarantine before arriving at their homes. Both men were a blessing. Vijay was a great help around the office. The thirty-three-year old pastor wanted to be kept busy and to say the least we did just that. We all found Zoom to be a big help. Pastor Vijay was in touch with those in his India church almost everyday meeting with folks in prayer and preaching in one way or another. Even on Sunday around midnight, he would preach to his church people, which was around 10 am in India.
It is good to have summer and the warm weather. However, this brings with it lots of maintenance here at the office as well as home. Presently, we are looking for someone to paint the office building since it was painted in 2008. Also, we are working on the six flower beds, attempting to make them as maintenance-free as possible and, hopefully, to be a testimony in our community.
The pandemic has brought our travel, as well as many of those who travel to other countries, to a standstill. I do have some places to go in the Caribbean as soon as air travel opens up and it is safe to visit. The Mission Training Conference, August 25-31, and team travel, September 1—October 11, is still being pursued with reservations. There are several men who
desperately want to come. Presently, we are involved in redoing our website with a goal of going live this fall. Our Mission Council is a joy to work with four times a year. They give of their time and our meetings on Zoom have been very much accepted. We think this might continue to a degree.
Nancy and I are enjoying the ministry and praying for God’s leadership for a mature, loving individual to care for the partners of IGM. The two of us are looking forward to our daughter and her family being with us next week. Also, our son has purchased a new home and that will entail Dad’s limited involvement on moving day next week
The almost continued eruptions all over the country are very interesting when looking through our Biblical grid. I find myself praying almost every day for our president and God’s people that they would stand up for righteousness and call out the sinfulness of anarchy, rebellion, and destruction. They talk about racism and there is only one race—the human race and all lives matter.
Your prayers are deeply appreciated for IGM and the country we occupy. We are not home yet!
Sincerely, in His Unconditional Love,
Gary and Nancy Newhart
• For our faithful prayer partners and/or supporters
• For daily strength, wisdom, and health to serve our Savior
• God’s continued work in bringing souls to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus
• The many souls who have declared their profession of faith through baptism
PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS:
• Safety from the COVID-19 virus
• Continued good health
• Continued financial support, both for personal and travel
MINISTRY PRAYER REQUESTS:
• Pray for Volunteers
1. Willing to be of help in the Office
2. Transport nationals while in country to meetings
3. Pick up national pastors from the airport and return them when their stay concludes.
4. Willing to help with cleaning, etc.
5. Maintain the six flower gardens.
6. Paint the outside of the IGM house
• Pray for more MSA (Mission Service Account) funds to operate the Mission.
• Pray for a Vehicle that runs well and the body is in good condition to replace our cancer-ridden, dented-up van. (tax- deductible)
• Those National Church Planters that have received invitation letters to obtain their visa to come to the Mission Training Conference. The Lord will allow those He wants to attend MTC to obtain their visa, if their countries open up.
• Pray for Michael Grubbs, our Communications Coordinator, as he books meetings for at least 3 teams for those coming to the Mission Training Conference. Please call IGM if you would like to book one or more meetings.
Tentative IGM Activities
Aug. 12 – Nancy’s Birthday
Aug. 25 – Aug. 31 – Mission Training Conference
Aug. 27 – IGM Quarterly Council Meeting
Aug. 30 – Meeting in Area Churches
Sept. 1 – Oct. 11 – National Church Planters’ Fall Team
Dec. 8 — IGM Annual Council Meeting