Dear Prayer Partner and/or Supporter:
Well, if you are reading this letter, you can rejoice in the Lord that He allowed you to enter into another year. 2020 will bring you and me into a year of blessings and challenges. However, there is no room for us to become discouraged, dejected, nor defeated. You and I have the privilege of having a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father through the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit. It is He Who indwells our being and ministers through our spirit. It is He Who guides us into all truth and provides the comfort and strength needed for every moment of our life! –John 16:13
If you haven’t already evaluated your journey in 2019, I would encourage you to use the past to improve the continued journey in 2020. We all need, I am sure, to proclaim the Gospel more than ever here in our own country. Yet, at the same time, there is an urgency to proclaim the Gospel all over the world.
Nancy and I enjoyed our Christmas with our children and their families. It was good to take a few days just for family. The most encouraging is seeing each member making headway in their relationship with the Lord. Nancy and I appreciated the many cards, gifts and, most of all, the prayers for us.
IGM had a good year ending up in the positive financially but still left with a few challenges before us. Those partnering with IGM face the same kind of challenges as here in the United States, but also have the same Lord and indwelling Holy Spirit to overcome each one. Your continued prayer and financial help are a must for reaching the people of this world with the good news that Jesus is . . .the way, the truth, and the life for no man cometh unto the Father but through Him! –John 14:6. [italic for literary flow]
On New Year’s Day, Nancy and I worked on filing last year’s paperwork and setting up Quicken for 2020. We are off and running with new excitement and energy (exaggerating maybe a bit on the energy part). Yet, where there is a will, there is a way! We both are well aware of the urgency of the day and the few days that remain are totally out of our control. We both cling to our life verses of Proverbs 3:5,6. We both are so grateful for your faithful prayers and financial gifts that enable us together, reaching the world for Christ!
Sincerely, In His Unconditional Love,
Gary and Nancy Newhart
• For daily strength, wisdom, and health to serve our Savior
• God’s continued work in bringing souls to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus.
• The many souls who have declared their profession of faith through baptism
PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS:
• Continued good health
• Continued financial support, both for personal and travel
MINISTRY PRAYER REQUESTS:
• Pray for Volunteers (not daily needs)
1. Willing to be of help in the Office
2. Transport nationals while in country to meetings
3. Pick up national pastors from the airport and return them when their stay concludes.
4. Willing to help with cleaning, etc.
5. Maintain the five flower gardens.
• Pray for more MSA (Mission Service Account) funds to operate the Mission.
• Pray for a Vehicle that runs well and the body is in good condition to replace our cancer-ridden, dented-up van. (tax deductible)
Tentative IGM Activities
2020—Trip to Trinidad (pending)
Mar. 1– Apr. 5 — National Church Planter Spring Team
Mar. 11– IGM Quarterly Council Meeting
June 9 – IGM Quarterly Council Meeting
Aug. 25 – Aug. 31 – Mission Training School
Aug. 27 – IGM Quarterly Council Meeting
Aug. 30 – Meeting in Area Churches
Sept. 1 – Oct. 11 – National Church Planters Fall Team
Dec. 8 — IGM Annual Council Meeting