“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” Philippians 1:3
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, that makes it very unique for your country to have official day declared to be a holiday for thanksgiving to our Creator God. Here’s greeting you now advance Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year for 2020 if Christ is not coming yet. I pray that we will have a daily fellowship intimately with our Savior Jesus Christ as we await for Him. When my mind is focused on His coming again to rapture the believers, to be with Him forever, no amount of pain or hardship matters anymore. Burden and agony are temporary in this dark world, these too shall pass.
The past months we have a lot to be thankful moment by moment in all the favors and blessings of our Lord. In good and in the hardest time, I am always reminded that God wants to get our attention and be thankful always. Thank you for your prayers, loving concern and continuous support that help our life and ministry helped keeping on. I praise God for His presence, His Word and His people.
In October we had few days of no classes that allowed me to closely stay with the workers of the building under construction. The first floor is now used as the Sunday School room and day school for kindergarten and an office. The second story still need $5,000 US dollars to finish for the Junior High. I am excited as these 15 boys and girls are interested to study the Bible and are very inquisitive. One grade 8 student wants to become a pastor and his parents are all-out support for this choice.
Last October we were hit by 3 hard tremors, first time to feel intensity 6.4, 6.5, and 6.7 and hundreds of strong aftershocks. The first earthquake, my neighbors ran to the mountain afraid of tsunami but I was too sleepy because it was almost mid night and power outage all over. I praise God for the calm spirit that He sustained my family. We could really share the help God provided when we don’t panic and able to trust God in the midst of chaos. It was grace and many people talk about our serenity, they wonder and they listen when we share the Gospel. Although as a human, it was scary being swayed to and fro and was very dark but we have to trust Jesus Christ, The Solid Rock. Praise God no casualty in our surrounding and our buildings stand without damages. It’s a great testimony that God favoured us with. In some areas in our town, several houses collapsed but especially in the province of Cotabato. Even the Christians there suffered homelessness, chapels collapsed and starved because foods were rationed in their temporary evacuation shelter. Our church sent some helps and gave out pillows, bags and sacks of clothes we gathered mostly recycled but they were very thankful.
November 8, 2019 we welcomed the newest member of our family, daughter of my son Unno & Beryl. Her name is Rafa Dayne Hiquiana, a blessing that we lift to God for protection & salvation at the proper time. She’s my 3rd grandchild.
Last month of November, our day school celebrated Thanksgiving and Foundation Celebrations. Another opportunity that our evangelist shared the Gospel of salvation. This spiritual blessings are so meaningful when most of the parents and carers sit and listen plainly to the word of God. This is the reason why we have a school ministry- to teach saved children while they received good academic foundations and to evangelize the lost. I thank you that you are co-laborers on all these endeavors.
MATTER OF PRAYER for urgent need:
1. Continue to pray for spiritual impact that we can share the Word of God freely and safe.
2. salvation of loved ones and neighbors.
3. safety of our country and president until his term of office.
4. continues freedom to Bible study and preach the Gospel safe from the evil attacks.
5. safety of us workers, the church, the school and to continue to minister to the people
6. God’s provision of $5,000. US dollars to finish this school building soon
7. spiritual growth and unity of our church, to be light and salt to our surroundings
8. reconstruction of houses of those destroyed by the earthquakes. First of all that they may find God throughout this ordeal.
9. good health, strength, safety and wisdom to be able to do in the service of our Great Master
10. completion of projects- new building and upgrading of the old ones.
11. spiritual growth of Christians in the different outreach churches and home church.
12. IGM family. Even though I have not met many, I feel the love and closeness being one in spirit and purpose. Let us continue to pray for Mrs. Springer and children. I want to hug and thank them for their support and concern and reach them with my prayers and deepest sympathy for the passing of Rev. Lon Springer.
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” – Isaiah 9:6