Dear Brothers and Sisters in the Lord,
Greetings to you all in the only Name under Heaven, given among men, in which is salvation: Jesus Christ.
“How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?” (Romans 10:14) These questions were at the center of our training on “Multiplicational Evangelism”, August 14 to 20, 2017. During those seven days, we had two main activities: training and outreach (door-to-door and open-air).
From Monday to Friday, we had four training sections on the following topics: the impact of the Christian life in evangelization, the discipleship of teenagers, the follow-up of a new convert, Biblical evangelism, and evangelization techniques. We had four hours of training every day.
After the training, we had two days of practice (Friday and Saturday). The mornings were dedicated to door-to-door outreach and evenings to open-air evangelism. During our door-to-door evangelism, 129 people personally heard the Gospel and 60 of them repented toward God and believed in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and confessed openly from their mouths.
Jesus said unto the disciples, “Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;” (Matthew 9:37). Praise and honor be given to the Lord of the harvest. At the end of the training, Djibril decided to give himself totally to the proclamation of the Gospel to Muslims in his home town. We are rejoicing and praising God because Djibril was born in a Muslim family. His elder brother is an imam in his home town. Djibril is the only Christian in his family. When he became a Christian, he was persecuted and even rejected by his family members. He was treated like a person who was suffering from a contagious disease just because he had become a Christian; for instance, when he drank from a cup, nobody would use it again. He was like an outcast. I have been in contact with him since December 2016 and one thing he always asks is to be equipped to be more effective in the evangelization of Muslims. When I informed him about our Vacation Bible School for evangelism, he traveled about 300 km to participate and at the end of the program, he said: “The desire of my heart is to give myself totally to the proclamation of the Gospel to the Muslims and acquire a basic understanding of the Scriptures in order to begin a church in my home town”.
Also, about 20 people committed themselves to proclaim the Gospel from now until December, until three people, after hearing the Gospel and confessing Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, agree to be followed up and to join the church.
1. Praise God for His faithfulness in our lives and ministry.
2. Join us and praise God for the joy of seeing people confessing Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
3. Praise God for His provision during this program and for the marvelous testimonies.
1. Please pray with us that those who accepted the Lord during our outreach may stand firm in the faith, will be available for follow-up, and will also desire to join the church.
2. Please pray with us that those who committed themselves to proclaim the Gospel stand firm in their resolution until the goal is achieved.
3. During our outreach, we shared Gospels of John and Romans. Please pray with us that we will have the funds to buy 100 complete Bibles so that those who have come to faith in Jesus Christ may grow in the knowledge of God through the Scriptures. A complete French Bible can be obtained here for approximately US $3.
4. Please pray for Djibril that the peace of God inundates his heart and that he will stand firm in the faith and in his resolution to serve Him.
5. Please pray that God will give me more wisdom and intelligence to better do His work.
In the Unconditional Love of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,
YEMELI N. Romeo