Sta. Maria, Davao Occidental, 8011 Mindanao, Philippines
Beloved in Christ:
I pray that this letter will reach you healthy , peaceful and still joyful despite this corona virus pandemic. I always pray that you are safe as well as your loved ones. Philippians 4:6,7 “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
For a while there are a lot of disruptions, we don’t know when or if normalcy will return. We only can pray for God to grant our prayer request to instantly kill the virus according to His will or guide doctors to find some anti-covid vaccine. Since March 16, each barangay in our region was lockdown where we cannot visit the adjacent barangays much more travel to the city. All classes in the day school were suddenly stopped. Our closing meeting with the parents were well attended on March 13, 2020. By the grace of God, I was able to share God’s Word & the Gospel to these precious souls. It is undetermined when the school classes will open again.
In our province, the covid is zero infection and so this coming May 1 until 15, 2020 our status will be eased to General Community Quarantine. Then authorities will again assess if more establishments will be allowed to reopen on shortened hours or be back to stricter quarantine if people will not follow protocols.
God continue to provide for our food and every need. A lot of people in our community need government assistance. For the duration of 45 days, the municipal LGU only assisted one time, with 3 kilos rice and sardines. My family with some Christian friends were able to gather and share rice and other food items to needy church members and neighborhood. We were able to give food packs to 135 families. Praise God for the opportunity to be able to share and include Gospel tracts in the packs. During free hour, I do a little gardening, planting vegetable & potted plants. It’s fun.
My family is separated due to lockdown. Dannel, Onyx and myself are here in the province. Unno and Arno are in Davao city but in different towns. Unno is working at the ER at SPMC the regional hospital, where infected people are admitted. He intubates patients with severe cases. He too cannot just see his family. They are housed in a hotel during their rest day. I have not seen my grandchildren since the lockdown but once in a while we video call. Praise God for the modern gadgets. Appreciates your prayers very much.
More matter of prayer:
1. Sense of God’s comfort all the time so that we will not be weighed down with anxiety.
2. More time spending with the word and prayers.
3. God’s purpose be fulfilled in the lives of the Christians so we will be more praising, thankful, trustful & focused in the things of the Lord.
4. Salvation of the lost souls, our neighbors and intense evangelism reaching them by the Gospel of Jesus Christ thru available means- the messenger apps, radio, tv, Gospel tracts.
5. health and safety of us all to be able to do our various ministry in our service to Almighty.
6. direction as to when and how schools will open and the safety of each learner and teachers
7. Government leaders and security especially our president.
8. Pastors and workers, Christians -wisdom & to be more positive influencers in this time of catastrophe.
9. God’s way that we can travel to Digos City to go to the bank. We haven’t access since the lockdown.
10. IGM, health/safety of our Executive director and office manager, Dr. & Mrs. Newhart, all the Staff – Holly, Mike, & Cheryl, missionaries & all Christians around the globe.
Our God Is our Rock, our Fortress, our deliverer….. We continue to trust in Him. Thank you so much supporters and churches, even in calamity you are faithful. Hebrews 6:10
Praying and gratefully,