Calvary Baptist Church, Monrovia, Liberia
Larque & Rose Vaye joined IGM in 2009. Larque is the senior pastor of the Calvary Baptist Church in Monrovia, Liberia, and a regular teacher and staff member at the Jake Memorial Baptist College. For the past twelve years, they have seen the Lord’s hand upon their lives and ministry in spite of the civil war and the challenges of ministry in a war-torn country such as Liberia.
Calvary Baptist was established in 1962, the first Independent Baptist church in Monrovia. Larque’s ministries at Calvary include not only pastoral and church administration, but also church planting, conference speaker/teacher, rural evangelism, child care, and seeking support for rural pastors. Ten pastors are presently supported by Calvary through Faith Promise Giving. Every year, Pastor Larque travels many miles into the interior to serve as key speaker and teacher at conferences. Since 2006, the Vayes have been involved with helping children whose parents are not able to support them. Christian Children’s Care International was established in 2007 to help place children in Christian homes. Children between 1 day and 25 years are eligible for care. Their care home currently has 10 children.
- Rev. Larque Vaye, Liberia–News from Liberia July 30, 2015
- Larque Vaye, Liberia–First Quarter Report June 17, 2015
- Larque Vaye, Liberia–Zwedru Baptist Fellowship Building Damaged April 17, 2015
- G. Larque Vaye, Liberia–Calvary Baptist Church Ebola Response Team Conducts Back-to-School Workshop March 19, 2015
- Larque Vaye, Liberia–Calvary Baptist Church Ebola Team Gives to Ebola Orphan March 18, 2015