Stephen and Ruth Schaefer each teach two semesters a year at Bharat Bible College in Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, South India. Stephen also preaches about 4 times each week at the college and in various ministries such as village churches, pastors’ conferences, and evangelistic ministries. Ruth teaches elementary school chapel in the Christian school connected to the college. They were married in 1981 and have six children.
Stephen’s Salvation Testimony:
Stephen was saved in 1976 at the start of his last year of high school. Some Baptist friends had witnessed to him for months and years. The Holy Spirit took the Word of God and convicted him of his sin and his need of Christ. Upon realizing it, he confessed both and received Him. His interests changed. His activities were now centered on Christ and through His church. In his first year of college, he cut all ties to his parents’ Lutheran church and some time later was baptized again, this time as a believer. During college, his activities were independent of the church he attended at the time except for the 3 months he worked at a church Bible camp.
- Stephen Schaefer, Asia — Blessings January 2, 2019
- Stephen Schaefer, Asia — Update October 19, 2018
- Stephen and Ruth Schaefer, India — Singapore July 11, 2018
- Stephen and Ruth Schaefer, Asia — Update April 20, 2018
- Stephen and Ruth Schaefer, Asia — January 2018 February 20, 2018