Dr. James W. Starr, Founder and Director of Vision2020Asia
“Where there is no vision the people perish” Proverbs 29:18.
View the Starrs’ latest newsletter at http://www.vision2020asia.org/
Vision2020Asia was launched in 2000 with the unanimous approval of the leadership of Morningside Baptist Church, Greenville, SC. Jim and Joanne Starr have been involved in God’s ministry since Jim’s salvation in 1969. Jim received his theological training from Bob Jones University. He has experience as a deacon, youth pastor, pastor, church planter, business manager, and entrepreneur. He has owned and operated numerous small businesses that he has used for the spread of the Gospel worldwide for the glory of God. Jim believes that God’s work should be everyone’s main business; all else should be viewed as an avocation. On January 15, 2005, James and Joanne Starr were accepted into the IGM family as Missionary Field Coordinator for Vision2020Asia. Later, his title was changed to IGM Director, Vision2020Asia.
Our Mission Statement: “To encourage and assist national leaders in Asia to preach the Gospel, win souls to Christ, establish fundamental local churches, and train and equip Asian Christian leaders, all for the glory of God.”
- To use all legitimate means, including personal evangelism, mass media opportunities, conferences, medical teams, etc, to make the Gospel message available to all people groups in every part of India and its neighboring countries
- To communicate and cooperate with other like-minded fundamental Baptist missions and ministries both in the USA and throughout India and its neighboring countries to effectively mount a strategic effort for evangelism, church planting, and discipleship
- To provide multiple opportunities to educate national pastors, church planters, evangelists, and missionaries in the areas of sound doctrine, Baptist distinctives, soul-winning, and discipleship
- To transfer ownership of the missionary vision to national leadership through the establishment of truly indigenous, Asia-based church-planting agencies and mission boards—self-governing, self-propagating, and self-supporting
- To assist the Asian national leaders to teach and motivate their own people to give generously to support their own local ministries as well as to give to cross-cultural missionary work through the indigenous church-planting agencies and mission boards that have been established on the field
- CHURCH PLANTING in India, Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Myanmar, & Bangladesh
- BAPTIST SCHOOL OF EVANGELISM (BSE) – Training national pastors to spread the Gospel in their native lands
- ANNUAL LEADERSHIP CONFERENCES – Helping national pastors to develop their full potential for the Lord
- ASIA PATH TO TRUTH AND FREEDOM BIBLE CORRESPONDENCE SCHOOL (T&F) – A 25-lesson postal Bible study course, currently published in English, Malayalam, Telugu, and Tedin Chin (Myanmar)
- SILIGURI GATEWAY PROJECT – a comprehensive development plan for recruiting, training, and sending out national evangelist/church planters into the ‘Gateway’ countries of Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Tibet, China, and Myanmar
Dr. Starr’s new booklet, “New Carts or Old Paths”, is now ready for release. The suggested retail price is $6.95 plus shipping. Any churches or individuals desiring copies of the new booklet for a limited time may order directly from the Starrs at Vsn2020asia@aol.com. Orders of 10 or more copies will receive the “Special Introductory Price” of $5.00 per copy plus shipping. The booklet is being printed by Steeple Press, a ministry of Franklin Road Baptist Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Order today and pay when the books are received. Invoice will be included with your order.
“I would like to thank all of those who have encouraged me in this project. Please pray that God will use this booklet to stir revival within our churches. I hope that many pastors will make this booklet available to their congregations and make use of this special limited time offer. ” ~ Dr. James Starr
- Dr. James Starr, Director of Vison2020Asia — Recent Trip and Container July 13, 2017
- Jim Starr, Director of Vision2020Asia — Recent Trip Report April 27, 2017
- Dr. James Starr, Vision2020Asia — Book Project February 17, 2017
- Jim Starr, Director of Vision2020Asia — December 2016 December 21, 2016
- Jim Starr, Vision2020Asia Director — India October 28, 2016