- We uphold the truth of Biblical authority for faith and practice.
- We uphold the autonomy of the Local Church under the headship of Jesus Christ.
- We uphold the Priesthood of Believers since all true believers are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit of God.
- We uphold the Two Ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Table.
- We uphold the distinctive of Individual Soul Liberty where every man has the right to interpret the Scriptures, to hold and to profess, and to worship as he believes the Bible teaches. No one has the liberty to force one’s views upon any man since each man will be held accountable before God.
- We uphold the truth that every believer must be saved to be a church member.
- We uphold that the local church should have Two Officers, one being the office of deacon and the other, the office of pastor (elder, bishop, pastor).
- We uphold the Separation of Church and State in that the church must pray for the state and support the state when in harmony with the Scriptures and that the church has the right to influence the state toward righteousness.
Therefore, IGM respects each local church as a part of the body of Christ Who upholds the autonomy of Christ’s headship over each assembly. IGM exists to be an encourager, a help, and a partner by Together, Reaching the World for Christ until He takes His beloved body home to Himself!
If you would like further information concerning the distinctives of IGM, we would be more than willing to send you a copy of the book, Biblical Basis for Baptists by L. Duane Brown, Ph. D. A donation of any size would be appreciated!